Making a Complaint
We know that sometimes things can go wrong. Express Mortgage Services greatly values its customers and aims to provide the very best service. We take complaints very seriously and investigate each one thoroughly and fairly so we can give each customer a full and considered response.
How to make a complaint
In the first instance please let us know what has happened by telling us:
- Exactly what has gone wrong, and how and when it happened
- Your name, address and contact phone number
- What you would like us to do to put things right
You can get in touch by
If you would like to get in touch by telephone, please call 01942 235 000
If you would like to get in touch by email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to make a complaint in writing, please send a letter to us at:
Express Mortgage Services Ltd
2nd Floor Wigan Investment Centre,
How We Handle Complaints
- We will try to resolve any issues that you encounter as soon as we’re aware of them.
- If we can’t resolve your complaint straightaway, we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 5 working days of receiving it.
- We will fully investigate your complaint and ensure that we address everything as soon as possible.
- The length of time it takes to deal with your complaint may vary depending on how complex it is, but we will always try to resolve things within 8 weeks of receipt of your complaint.
What to do if you’re not happy with the outcome of your complaint
We want to be fair to all our customers, and if we can’t resolve your complaint, we’ll tell you why and tell you what other options you have. We’ll aim to learn from what you tell us and take action to put things right.
If you’re not satisfied with the result of your complaint, you have the right to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who provide an independent and confidential service that is free to consumers. You must do this within 6 months of receiving our final response. We’ll enclose a leaflet about the FOS and explain the timescales for using the service again at this stage.
The Financial Ombudsmen Service,
Harbour Exchange Square,
Telephone: 0800 023 4567